Wednesday 10 June 2009

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil


I've long been a fan on chubby lip pencils, they're so easy to use and great for the handbag. For a while there most brands had a chubby lip pencil, but now they're pretty rare. One of the few brands that still have these is Nars.

The Nars lip pencils are matte lip pencils with great pigment. I find them to be quite waxy though and have to be careful how I apply them. I find if I use a waxy balm beneath them they get a bit flaky, so I'll usually use them alone. The lasting power is great, it'll last half a day before I need to reapply. Contrary to what Nars says (below), I do find that these can be a little drying so I don't use them every day.

As will all matte lip products, these need to be applied to lips that are in good condition. If you use them when your lips are dry and flaky they look horrible.

Here's what Nars says: The convenience of a pencil with the application of a lipstick in a jumbo-size crayon design. Instantly coats lips with rich pigment, imparting a velvet matte finish for seamless color. The long lasting yet non-drying formula is enriched with special emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, velvety color for hours.

Would I buy these again? Probably not. Whilst I quite like them, they cost $50 and for that price I'd really need to love them.

1 comment :

  1. I haven't seen chubby lip pencils for a while now, those are the only lip products that I really like. I used to love Red Earth's. Pls let me know if you find a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!