Thursday 4 June 2009

Stila Smudge Pot

I've been trying to write this review for weeks now (about 5 to be precise) and I really don't know what to say, so I'll just make it plain and simple.

This is a great eye liner. Compared the the other gel eye liners I've tried (MAC and Bobbi Brown), it has a firmer texture, which in my opinion makes it easier to work with. Once this is on it stays put without creasing or disappearing during the day.

Due to the great texture it also makes a great waterproof eye shadow. I apply it as a wash of colour over my eye for a great base. I have grey which is perfect to use under shadows to intensify the colour.

I read somewhere that storing gel eye liners upside down stops them drying out. I'm not sure if this is true, but I've been storing all my gel products this way for years and none of them have dried out, so maybe it works.

Here's what Stila says: The verdict is in, and smudge pots take the prize for sexy eyes!
This unique gel eyeliner and shadow is an innovative alternative to traditional powder and liquid formulas. This clever little gel has an inky intensity that leaves powder shadows in the dust. A favorite for the sultry, smoky eye.
Apply with a liner brush for razor-sharp precision or smudge it with your fingers for more complete coverage. Remember to always close the airtight lid to keep the gel soft and pliable.

Would I buy it again? Yes, I really like these eye liners.

Ingredients: isododecane, polyethylene, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, propylene carbonate, barium sulfate, phenoxyethanol.
May contain: mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), carmine (ci 75470), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), manganese violet (ci 77742), ultramarines (ci 77007).

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!