Friday 5 June 2009

Cloud Nine Coconut Oil


I bought this purely because of the pretty label. It's difficult to see in the picture above, but it's a mermaid sitting on a rock on the beach, with a palm tree in the background. It looks so pretty and peaceful that I just had to buy it.

Cloud Nine coconut oil is certified organic and only contains coconut oil and essential oil. I purchased Frangipani as it's a beautiful, fresh scent. I've been using my coconut oil as an in shower moisturiser and as a body moisturiser. In summer I found that it was too runny to easily use as a body moisturiser but perfect for in the shower. Now that it's colder I find it's easier to use as a body moisturiser as it's solid. When it gets below 25 degrees coconut oil solidifies. It's easy to melt, I just run it under warm water for a few minutes and it warms up. When I'm using it as a moisturiser I just rub it between my hands until it liquefies.

The scent on this is quite strong so when I've used it after the shower I can't wear any perfume as it'd clash. But as the scent is lovely this isn't a problem. The scent will linger for most of the day, so it's something to be aware of if you want to wear perfume. When I use it as an in shower moisturiser the scent doesn't linger, probably because I wash most of it off.

Would I buy it again? Yes, it's a lovely product.

Ingredients: certified organic pure coconut oil, essential oils of frangipani.

3 comments :

  1. Looks good! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it at my local health shop. I've since seen it at other health shops, they also have a range of soaps and body lotions that look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I neeeeeeeeed this. And I am taking note of your answer - I am just super lazy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!