Sunday 27 December 2015

Thoughts of the week

1. Christmas is over for another year. I'm sure a lot of people are feeling relieved about that. We don't do christmas, which I'm eternally grateful for, it seems like such an expensive, stressful time.

2. I've been thinking about womens issues lately and wondering why we women aren't more vocal and forceful about our needs. For instance, there is still a GST on sanitary products. GST is supposed to be on luxury items. Sanitary products are not luxuries they are necessities. So why have we allowed this? Why haven't we lobbied the government to get this changed? 
As women we are strong, it's time we recognised that strength and banded together to make things happen.

3. Are you an encourager? I am. When someone tells me they've come up with an idea, I almost always tell them it's a great idea, even if it sounds crazy. When my brother in law told me he was going to Shanghai to do a course to become a spiritual healer, I told him it was a great idea. When my Dad told me he was thinking of starting a religion, I told him he'd meet lots of very interesting people. There are times I wonder if I should offer a less enthusiastic response, but I figure life's short so why the hell not try something new, even if it does sound crazy.

4. The new Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist Deluxe Edition looks beautiful. I want it just for the bottle. It's being released on the 24th of January and will cost $79. (Not sponsored or anything, I just think it's pretty).

5. This clip has had the boys and I in stitches all week. We've watched it about twenty times and still find it hilarious. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!