Monday 21 December 2015

Most worn make-up of 2015

2015 was a year of minimal make-up for me. A lot of the time I had horrible hayfever eyes so couldn't wear eye shadow, Chai started kindy so my mornings became rushed and I just don't have the time to spend fifteen minutes doing my make-up every day. I really miss being able to put my make-up on at my leisure, it was a part of my day that I really enjoyed. I look forward to the days when I can once again spend time doing my face every morning.  

To make things quicker in the mornings and in an effort to finish products, I put my most used items in a small make-up bag. Doing this made getting ready so much easier. It's also great for travel, I just packed my make-up bag and off we went.

As you can see, I was all about natural make-up, my aim was to make it look like I'd had a decent nights sleep (not an easy task!) 

I'm in love with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting range. The powders and blushes are second to none. 

Garnier Miracle Skin Cream is one that I've written about plenty of times already. On days where I needed more coverage I'd put the Nude by Nature foundation over the top. When I need more radiance I put my Hourglass powder over the top. 

I kept my eyes neutral, most days were MAC Painterly with just eye liner. I'm in love with the Art Deco mineral eye liners, they are so gentle, I could use mine even when my eyes were really irritated.  When I did wear eye shadow it was either Bobbi Brown Long Wear cream eye shadow in Slate or Clarins Ombre Matte eye shadow in Taupe. 

My concealers of choice will be no surprise to regular readers. Bobbi Brown Corrector and Benefit Fake Up. Fake Up is great as it's hydrating and doesn't crease even when layered. It's good for touch ups during the day too. 

Brows are usually my Shu Uemura Hard Brow pencil. I've had it forever (over 10 years) and I'm determined to finish it. Hopefully 2016 is the year!

Too Faced Shadow Insurance is my eye primer of choice. I prefer it to the cult UDPP as I find it more gentle on my eyes. Added to that, it's easier to get hold of here in Australia.

One you might not have heard of is the Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip and Cheek balm. I'm not sure why they call it sparkling, that makes me think it'd have glitter in it which it doesn't. Lip and Cheek balm is one of those products that adapts to your skintone. On my lips it's a rosy flush and on my cheeks it's a natural looking pink flush. I prefer to use it on my lips as it has quite a shiny finish and it feels a little tacky on my cheeks, however having said that, it does work well as a blush, the tackiness goes away and gives it good lasting power.     


What were your most used products this year?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!