Tuesday 15 December 2015

Top Fifteen of 2015

Here it is, the fifteen products that I've used and loved the most this year. Some of these are products I discovered this year and others are long time favourites.

The Natural Supply Co - I know this isn't a product, but they had to make the list. Launched late last year, the Natural Supply Co are brilliant. They stock a great range of natural products, the customer service is amazing and they're Australian based. There's always a whole pile of things that I want to try and I've discovered brands that I'd never heard of. If you haven't checked out the Natural Supply Co what are you waiting for?



MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation - This is a recent addition to my collection, I got it at the start of November. It was love from first application, I can see this being my perfect summer foundation. It's the first matte foundation I've found that's suitable for my dry skin. The wear time is amazing, even in hot, humid weather it doesn't budge. I'll post a full review soon, but meanwhile, if you have dry skin and are in the market for a new foundation, get yourself a sample of Pro Longwear.

Armani Perfume - As you can see from the photo I absolutely loved my perfume, so much that I've now finished my bottle. Since I'm terrible at describing fragrances I'll hand over to Armani: Sì is a tribute to modern femininity, an irresistible combination of grace, strength, and independent spirit. A modern chypre reinvented, Sì opens with deep blackcurrant nectar that softly recedes to airy florals. A base of musky blond wood adds lightness while grounding the fragrance for a lingering, distinctive trail. The notes are chypre, blackcurrant nectar, airy florals and musky blonde wood.

Lanolips 101 Ointment Cranberry - Every christmas Lanolips release a limited edition product. The last few years it was the much coveted Mulberry tinted balm, this year it's a cranberry version of the 101 Ointment. I've already purchased a back-up, I'm sure it won't take long to sell out. The cranberry fragrance is the perfect blend of tarte and sweet. Whilst Lanolips products aren't usually flavoured, I'm sure this one tastes good, but maybe I'm just imagining that.

Eco Tools BB Brush - Pre children I was alll about using brushes and sponges to apply my make-up, I love the flawless finish they give, however since having babies I just don't have the time it takes to apply my products with a brush, so I've gone back to using my fingers. A few iHerb hauls ago I added the Eco Tools BB Brush to my order because it was white and looked pretty, as good a reason as any. I really love how flawless this makes my BB look. It takes me about the same amount of time as using my fingers does, but the finish is a lot smoother.

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lipgloss - I've already post about my love for the Beauty Rush glosses so it's no surprise they made my top fifteen. They meet all my criteria for the perfect gloss: squeeze tube, good flavour, hydrating, long lasting without being sticky and a good range of colours. Gloss addicts, you need these in your life.
   
Clarins Lip Oil - Ah Clarins, they really can do no wrong. The Lip Oils were released overseas ages ago as a limited edition and were snapped up in record time. I waited what felt like years for them to be released here, when they finally got to Australia I rang the counter and placed my order the day they arrived, I'm sure the m/a thought I was slightly crazy. There were two colours release and the good news is that one of them is permanent, so if you haven't tried one yet you haven't missed out. Despite what the name suggests, these aren't runny at all, they're like a medium to thick, hydrating, non sticky lip gloss. 

Bite Beauty - I don't even know where to start with Bite Beauty. Put simply, they are perfection. All natural, cruelty free and individually hand crafted in Canada, Bite Beauty products are heavenly. If you have dry lips you'll love the Agave Lip Mask, it's my go to overnight lip treatment. You can read my brand overview here.

Hourglass Ethereal Glow Ambient Lighting Blush - I'm pretty sure that this is the only blush I've worn all year. I wear it every day, it's fool proof. My other blushes have languished unloved because my Hourglass blush is so easy to use, I can just whack it on and off I go. I don't have to worry about being too heavy handed, it gives a gorgeous glow and makes my skin look younger. Whilst I'd love to use up my other blushes, I fully intend to replace my Ambient Lighting Blush when it's finished. I'm seriously considering tossing all my other blushes and just keeping my Ambient Lighting blush. If you haven't got one in your collection, get onto it!

Clarins Taupe Ombre Matte Eye shadow - Another Clarins product on my list. Taupe is my favourite eye shadow colour to wear, I have so many of them, but you can never have too many taupe eye shadows. Taupe's so versatile and easy to use. I love it paired with navy eye liner, the combo is magic. Ombre Matte eye shadows are a unique formula, somewhere in between a cream and a powder. There's no creasing or fading, at the end of the day my eye shadow looks the same as it did when I applied it in the morning. I'll be adding more shade to my collection next year. 

Chi Chi Brow Pomade - Chi Chi are a really underrated brand, I'm surprised they don't get more publicity as the products are great quality and very reasonably priced. They have a great range of products and stay on trend by regularly releasing new products. One of their more recent releases is the Brow Pomade. Thanks to Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pomades are all the rage. I haven't tried the ABH version, however the Chi Chi version is brilliant. It's waterproof and smudge proof, once it's on it stays on. All Chi Chi products are cruelty free.

Puretopia Face Scrub - I've reached the age in life where daily exfoliation is a must. Normally I use a chemical exfoliant (not as scary as it sounds), however a few times a week I'll use my Puretopia face scrub. It's a lovely, gentle scrub that doesn't scratch my sensitive skin. If you're after a strong, gritty scrub this is not for you, but if you like gentle and non irritating scrubs, give this one a go. 

Subtle Energies Facial Blend - This is bliss in a bottle. The scent is amazing, it makes me feel instantly relaxed and destressed. I need to bathe in the stuff! I really wish it came in a perfume version, I'd buy it by the bucket load.My full review is here.

Skinstitut Skincare - Finally I've found a skin care range that's effective and affordable. If you're looking for products that actually work, check out Skinstitut. Since I started using Skinstitut products my skin is in the best condition it's been for years. You can read a review of all my Skinstitut products here

Garnier Miracle Skin Cream - Years ago I loved Origins VitaZing, I used it every day until Tiger stole it and refused to give it back. I kid you not. Seriously, what's with men using tinted moisturiser? Anyhow, since he pilfered my tube I didn't bother buying another one. When Garnier released the Miracle Skin Cream I was onto it as it's said to be a dupe of VitaZing and it is. It has slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturiser and slightly less than a BB, just enough to even out my skinton. I like to use it with a little bit of powder over the top on days when I don't have time/can't be bothered putting on foundation. Read my full review and see Miracle Skin Cream in action here.


What were your most loved products this year? If you're a blogger and did a post with your favourites, please give me a link to your post.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!