Monday 7 December 2015

Most worn lipsticks of 2015

I thought it'd be fun to show you the lipsticks that I reached for the most this year. I have them sitting on a shelf where the boys can't get them, every now and again I rotate the colours, but these six stayed out all year.
 
Back row from left. Nudus Survivor, Avon Ultra Color Indulgence Pink Blossom, Bourjois Rouge Edition Beige Shooting. Front row from left.  Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Pepper and Fig,
Maybelline Superstay Perpetual Peony,
This year I was all about pink lips, my red lipsticks were sadly neglected. I do love red lipsticks but with Eljay still at the age where he regularly smears my lipstick it's just not practical.

 

Nudus Survivor was my go to lipstick when I wanted a bright lip, needed to draw attention away from the dark circles under my eyes or wanted to brighten up my face. It's a bright, bold fuschia that can be applied lightly for a sheer wash layered for a more intense colour.

Avon Ultra Colour Indulgence in Pink Blossom is a different one for me, I don't normally go for this sort of bright light pink, but now that I'm used to the colour I love it. The Ultra Colour Indulgence lipsticks are beautiful, they feel like a balm, have great pigment with one layer and last for at least six hours without fading. Even better, you can usually pick them up on sale for $9.95.

Bourjois Rouge Edition 12 Hours in 31 Beige Shooting - Out of all the lipsticks in this post, Beige Shooting is the one that I used the most. It's very close to my natural lip colour and was the one that I reach for when I want a natural look. The colour is perfection, if I ever finish the tube it'll be an automatic repurchase. I'm not sure why they call it beige, it's not beige at all it's pink. 

Maybelline Superstay in Perpetual Peony - This is the one that my Dr called the perfect pink. High praise. He's right, it really is the perfect pink, not too natural and not too bright, enough to look like I'm wearing lipstick but not in your face bright. You all need it. 


Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipsticks in Fig and Pepper - Oh how I love my Bite Beauty products, they really can do no wrong. I love that they make mini's, they're so convenient to carry around in my handbag. Both of these are lovely, natural looking pinks.

Nudus Survivor, Avon Ultra Color Indulgence Pink Blossom, Bourjois Rouge Edition Beige Shooting, Maybelline Superstay Perpetual Peony, Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Fig and Pepper

  
What were your most worn lipsticks this year?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!