Friday 7 November 2008

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1


It is said that this lip balm has a cult following, but I really don't understand why. It's a nice balm if you like balms containing petrolatum, but it's nothing amazing.

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 is very moisturising, with a pretty, shiny gloss to it. There is a slight, strange fragrance, but no flavour. The texture is smooth, with no stickiness and it has an SPF of 4.

It comes in a screw top tube, but as it doesn't have a slanted end it cannot be applied straight from the tube.

The balm is very moisturising so great for really dry lips. It can be layered on as much as is needed. It doesn't have much slip to it so lasts fairly well, for about an hour or two. When applied thinly it sinks in fast.

You can buy Kiehl's products from Mecca Cosmetica.
There is also an SPF 15 version and a coloured version.

Would I buy it again? No, it's an okay balm, but not a favorite, and I prefer not to use products containing petrolatum.

Ingredients: petrolatum, octinoxate, squalane, lanolin, tinitcum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, tocoperol, allantoin, propylparaben, butylparaben, aloe barbradensis leaf extract.

1 comment :

  1. Hi glossqueen, I tried some samples from Kiehl's skin care range and glad I did...as I would not waste my money on the brand personally and they were horrible...some natural stuffs tho the rest of the ingredients smelt funny and stinged my skin. The only thing that I use is the Imperiale moisturising cuticle treatment, (which I won) tho in saying this it does have a lot of other not so nice ingredients in it also.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!