Tuesday 11 November 2008

Philosophy Kiss Me Exfoliating Lip Scrub and Facial

Before lip scrubs became popular I had to hunt high and low to find a lip scrub, and the only one that I could find was this one by Philosophy. I'm really not sure why it's called a lip scrub and facial, I suppose they mean that it's like a facial for the lips.

This is what Philosophy has to say about it:

enriched with natural butters and oils, kiss me exfoliating lip scrub was created to help keep your lips in impeccable kissing condition by exfoliating dull, dry, flaky skin for a super-soft, super-smooth result. kiss me exfoliating lip scrub is ideal for anyone with dry, flaky lips that seeks smoothness and moisture.

you need this product if...
  • you have dry, wrinkled and sometimes flaky lips
  • you seek smoothness and moisture for your lips
  • you want to gently exfoliate your lips
  • you suffer from vertical lines around the lip and seek a treatment that softens the appearance of those lines
  • you seek an instant and dramatic lip makeover


  • Now, I don't agree with all of those statements. This is a nice product, but it is not an instant and dramatic lip makeover, and it does nothing at all for the fine lines around my lips.

    However, it is a really nice product. It has a great peppermint flavour and fragrance, and it's very moisturising, so after I've scrubbed my lips I'm left with moisturised, shiny lips. It has a slant tip applicator, so can be applied straight from the tube. I usually put it on my fingers first, then give me lips a good scrub. The exfoliating particles are very fine and don't scratch or irritate my lips. I use this twice a week to leave my lips soft and flake free.

    The texture of this is like a lip balm, and it can be a little runny, so I normally use it in the shower otherwise I often end up with it all around my mouth, not a good look!

    Would I buy it again? Probably not. It's a nice product, but I'd prefer if it came in a pot. I find that the product gets stuck in the tube and can be difficult to get out. If it came in a pot I would buy it again.

    Ingredients: fructose, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, polybutene, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, beeswax, sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, mineral oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, microcrystalline wax, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, ethylhexyl hydroxystearate, polysorbate 20, triethylhexyl trimellitate, paraffin wax, c30-45 olefin, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, tocotrienol, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol.

    No comments :

    Post a Comment

    Hi, thanks so much for your comment!