Wednesday 26 November 2008

Yes to Carrots Berry Lip Butter

Never one to pass up a new lip balm, I just had to buy this when I saw it at David Jones.

Firstly, I'm not sure why they call it a lip butter. To me lip butters are thick, rich and super moisturising. I'd call this a lip balm. I don't think any stick balms can be called butters, because butters are a lot softer and come in pots. So I'm calling this a lip balm.


As far as balms go, this one is nice but not amazing. I currently use it as my night time balm. It does a fairly good job of keeping my lips hydrated. If my lips were really dry I'm not sure that this would be moisturising enough. It's quite a firm balm, so I have to layer lots on to get the coverage that I want. It has a very slight shine to it, but it's so slight as to be barely detectable, and that shine is only there because I've applied so many layers of it.

The fragrance is very subtle, I can only smell it when I'm holding the balm up to my nose, and there is no flavour.
Texture wise this is similar to chapsticks, just a little harder. It'd be perfect to use as a primer under lipstick.

Would I buy it again? No. It's a nice lip balm, but it's not flavoured and it's a little hard.

Ingredients: cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, cera alba (beeswax), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, flavor, helianthus anuus (sunflower) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), tocopherol, linalool, limonene, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel extract, cucumis melo cantalupensis (melon) seed extract, cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed extract, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, citral, geraniol, eugenol.

1 comment :

  1. One of the things we value most at Yes To Carrots is honest feedback from our customers...those who love us and those who, well, weren't as impressed as we'd like them to be.

    I am sorry that your first experience with us wasn't phenomenal and I'm wondering if you'd be willing to give us another chance?

    If you want, visit our website and see if there's anything else that strikes your fancy. We'd love to send them to you...on us.

    Here's the form to fill out if you decide you'd like to try something...
    http://tinyurl.com/5fqgmn

    Let me know if you have any questions...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!