1. There have been bush fires in our area the past few weeks, a lot of people have lost everything. We've donated money to help them out, I wish that there was more we could do. I can't imagine how awful it'd be having to start again from scratch. There's one lady I heard about who is a single mother with four children and no insurance. How will she rebuild? She's got nothing and probably doesn't have the means to rebuild, it'd be devastating.
2. The fires got me thinking about the things in our house that I'd hate to lose and what I'd try to save in an emergency. There's not much. Aside from the family, photos and our identification, nearly everything else can be replaced. My cousin and Dad were both talking about all the things that they'd hate to lose, they both have a whole pile of things. I don't. Maybe because my kids are only young and I'm not that sentimental. As long as I have my family and my photos I'm not overly worried about material things.
3. That leads me further down a path that I've been heading down for a while now. We have a house full of things that I don't value, so why do we have them? Clearly some things we need for practical reasons, but what about everything else? You know what I'm going to say don't you? Out it goes. 2016 is going to be the year of the declutter.
4. Last week we took the boys to the cinema for the first time. They loved it and sat through the whole movie (The Good Dinosaur). The best part for me was watching their faces and reactions, it was so cute.
5. There are only three more weeks until school goes back.
6. The last few weeks there has been all sorts of fuss and criticism about Gisele Bundchen's diet. I don't get it. Other than the meat and no caffeine, if I wasn't so lazy I'd eat that way.