Happy new year! I hope your new year is off to a great start. Here's hoping 2016 is good to all of us.
I'm not one for making new years resolutions, if there's something I want to change I do it straight away. Having said that, I do like to make beauty resolutions to give myself something to aim for through-out the year.
1. Be consistent with my skin care routine. I get a routine going then I get lazy/time poor and stop doing it.This year I won't do that. I'll get myself two lots of skin care, one lot that is product heavy for the days and nights that I have time and one lot that's quick and simple. On the days and nights when I don't have time or I'm feeling lazy I'll do the quick routine and when I've got the time I'll do the long routine. Easy.
2. Continue to declutter, toss products that I don't love and reduce the size of my stash. I did really well with this last year and I've significantly reduced the size of my collection. My skin care previously took up five tubs and now it's down to two. I plan on having it down to one tub by the end of this year. I didn't do quite as well with my make-up, however I plan to rectify that this year. I'd like to be able to fit everything in one train case and a few make-up bags. At the moment it's in two train cases and a huge tub.
3. Use up two lipsticks, two lip glosses, a blush, eye liner and lip pencil. I didn't finish any glosses or lipsticks last year or for that matter a blush or lip pencil. The only make-up I finished was an eye liner. I've hit major pan on my Hourglass blush, I'm sure I'll finish it this year.
4. Stop using products I don't like. I keep on using products that I don't really like just because I want to use them up. No more. If I don't like something I'll either give it away or toss it.
5. Do some sort of no buy or low buy. I'm in two minds about this. Part of me thinks that a no buy would be good, it'd break the make-up buying habit. The other part of me thinks that a low buy is more realistic. I love buying make-up so I'm more likely to stick to a low buy. I'll let you all know what I decide.
What are your new years resolutions?