Sunday 2 July 2017

Thoughts of the week

1. Nars have announced that they are no longer cruelty free. How disappointing. Due to the backlash this news received they released a statement on their Instagram. In my opinion the statement was pretty ridiculous and did nothing to justify their reasons for testing on animals. The Chinese market must be very lucrative.

If you didn't see their Instagram post, here it is:

We want you to know that we hear you. The global elimination of animal testing needs to happen. We firmly believe that product and ingredient safety can be proven by non-animal methods, but we must comply with the local laws of the markets in which we operate, including in China. We have decided to make NARS available in China because we feel it is important to bring our vision of beauty and artistry to fans in the region. NARS does not test on animals or ask others to do so on our behalf, except where required by law. NARS is committed and actively working to advance alternative testing methods. We are proud to support the Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS), a globally recognized organization at the forefront of advancing non-animal methods in China and around the world. NARS is hopeful that together, we can work toward a cruelty-free world.

2. There are ways of selling in China without testing on animals, Adore Beauty manages it so I'm not sure why Nars can't. 

3. Lately I've been thinking about going zero waste. It's such a big thing to get my head around so I've decided to start small by taking my shopping bags with me. I have plenty of them but never manage to take them with me. I've put together two piles of them that I'll leave in both our cars so we always have bags when we go shopping. 

4. I've been looking at reusable produce bags and coffee cups, it seems like trying to be zero waste will be quite costly at first. 

5. School holidays are finally here, thank goodness! Here's to lovely lazy days with my babies. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!