Friday 17 July 2020

FFS Friday - Stay Wild Soul Child

Hello beautiful people. I hope you've all had a lovely week. Ours has been pretty good.

A few weeks ago I had a whinge about how Chai is torturing us. It hasn't stopped. FFS.

Aside from sleep torture, he's also doing noise torture and that's the one that's sending me insane.

He makes extremely annoying noises all the time. By all the time I mean at least once every five minutes. All day every day. FFS.

It's something kids on the spectrum do regularly, it's called stimming. Funnily enough, according to the professionals that we've seen, he isn't on the spectrum.

The noises are really doing my head in. Try as I might to cope with it, I am really, really struggling. 
Every time he makes a noise a little piece of my soul dies.

Not just because the noises are extremely annoying. What really gets me is that it's a constant reminder that my baby has issues and if I don't get them sorted out soon he's going to face huge barriers as an adult. That's not the life I want for him.

I can cope with most things but noises really set me on edge. I'm going to have to find a way to cope. Hopefully he'll swap the oral stimming for another tic soon. Having said that, he's been making the noises for three years now so I don't think they'll go away any time soon.

The BIL isn't here yet. He's stuck at the moment with car troubles. They'll be fixed next week then he'll be on his way. I just want it over and done with, waiting for things to happen annoys me.

Today is five months since my ankle surgery.

That's the end of my weekly whine fest. I hope you're all happy and healthy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!