Friday 24 July 2020

FFS Friday - Masterchef

Hello Friday! We made it! I hope you've all had a good week.
It occurred to me that my FFS Friday posts haven't been very funny lately. 
They are supposed to be funny.
So this week I'm going to tell you about a few of my dinner fails. 
It's been one of those weeks.

I'm usually pretty good at cooking but this week I just really couldn't be bothered putting in any effort. 

I was looking for quick, easy meals so that I didn't have to put in much effort.

Monday night I decided to make baked chicken. I've never made it before but I found a recipe so off I went. 

Now, when I say I follow a recipe what that means is that I look at all the ingredients, mix them all together in the baking dish and then put it on to cook for the required amount of time. I do that with all recipes.

Sounds risky but it's always worked for me.

So, I make the chicken, put it in the oven to cook, check it a few times and get it out when the time is up.

It looks good but looks can be deceiving. The chicken is totally over cooked. FFS.

I soak it in the juices for a while and manage to salvage it but it wasn't great. 
I looked at another recipe and realised where I'd gone wrong. The recipe I followed was for chicken thighs, I used chicken breast which requires half the cooking time. Oops.

Undeterred and confident in my cooking abilities, the next day I decided we'd have spag bol made in the slow cooker. We had a full on day and would be out all day so it seemed like the perfect idea.

When we'd discussed it on the weekend Tiger had said we'd need more mince, but as he didn't bother to defrost any I only used one packet of mince.
Forgetting that I was only using one packet I made the spag bol like I usually would. 
No worries.

At the end of the day we got home and discovered that we didn't have spag bol, we had soup. FFS.

Soupy spag bol isn't a huge problem, we just strained out the good bits and the rest went down the drain. 

Fun times. Maybe if I keep this up Tiger will take over the cooking. He's doing most of it now anyhow, so I might continue to cook awful food until he takes over entirely. 
Heh, good plan. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!