Monday 7 December 2009

Purestuf Kissable Mint Lip Balm


I wrote the review for Purestuf lip balm ages ago when it was sent to me by Ikigai, but I've discovered that it never appeared on my blog which is bizarre. Its been sitting there showing as scheduled for ages. So sorry Ikigai for the extremely late review, but here it is.
 
Purestuf Kissable Mint lip balm is a men's lip balm, so I thought that I'd get Mr GQ to test it out and tell me what he thought of it. Being a man of few words he didn't give me a great description so I used it as well. 

Mr GQ said that this is a nice lip balm. He likes the mint flavour but would prefer that it came in a stick version so that he could take it to work.


I'm happy with Purestuf. It's very minty which I love and it gives a tingle when I apply it. The balm is quite light and when I've put it on it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. Because of this I feel like I need to reapply it regularly to get the coverage that I need. 

This is a great balm to use underneath lipstick or gloss due to the light texture. Despite the light texture I find it to be quite hydrating. It's not as hydrating as thicker balms are, but it still does a good job of keeping my lips soft. 


Would I buy it? For myself no, because I like thicker textured balms. However I would recommend this for people who prefer lightweight lip products.


Ingredients: beeswax, shea butter, jojoba oil, vitamin e acetate, manuka honey, calendula oil, spearmint essential oil, peppermint essential oil.

7 comments :

  1. Thanks for following hun, I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I can't imagine Mr GQ being "quiet"! Just like hubby when I asked him about his opinion of The Naaj. wink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, you're so right Music, he's never quiet, except when I want a thorough review of something :)

    Thanks PBP, I love your blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want it just because it has Kissable in the name. I like to think I am! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep with GQ on the stick version. Much more manly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the post, very informative post keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!