Wednesday 17 May 2017

Concordia Handcrafted Skincare

A while ago I won a competition on Instagram and received a package of Concordia Handcrafted Skincare products to try.

Concordia Handcrafted Skincare is made in Tasmania by Natasha and James. Natasha is a naturopath who has sensitive skin, eczema and acne. She decided to create a skin care range to alleviate her skin complaints and Concordia (meaning harmony in Latin) was born.

First up, how gorgeous is the packaging? I love the little mermaid (especially her glasses). The other thing I noticed is that the products aren't white! The cleanser is greeny grey, the moisturiser is yellow. It's nice to see products that aren't boring white.

I received the following products:

Purifying Cream Cleanser
Balancing Face Mist
Brightening Moisturiser
plus samples of the hand cream and body lotion.

In short, everything is beautiful. From the packaging down to the products, I love everything. The cream products make a very satisfying plop sound when they're dispensed (it's the little things).

Whilst all the products are designed for combination/oily skin, they work well for my normal to dry skin, I really think they'd work for anyone.

The Purifying Cream Cleanser contains seaweed, green clay, tamanu, mango butter, peppermint and lemon. It plops out looking like a clay cleanser but feels a lot lighter than any other clay cleanser I've used. I was initially worried about using peppermint on my sensitive skin, but it didn't irritate at all, even on my eyes. 

I've found this to be a very effective, gentle cleanser that I'll definitely purchase when mine runs out. It easily removes make-up, smells great and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. 

Balancing Face Mist is one of my all time favourite face mists. It contains sea salt, lemon balm, rose and cucumber extract so as you can imagine, the smell is amazing. When my skin had it's change of seasons freak out, this was my saviour. I used it prior to moisturising and every few hours during the day to soothe my red, angry skin. After a few days my skin was back to it's normal, happy self. 

Last of all is the Brightening Moisturiser. With seaweed, lemon myrtle, calendula, jojoba and cantaloupe extract, this is a very gentle, soothing moisturiser. Looks can be deceiving with this one, a little bit goes a long way. The first time I used it I pumped out the same amount that I'd use with other moisturisers and had way too much. I managed to cover my face, neck, chest and both arms it went so far! I only need two pumps which looks like it won't be enough but it is. 

This is a lovely, hydrating, quickly absorbed moisturiser. Despite being designed for combination/oily skin it works well for my dry skin and provides enough hydration that my skin doesn't feel parched or tight half way through the day.


I asked Natasha if there is any exciting news and there is!
Later this week there will be a new range of bath soaks available for online purchase and they are currently in the trial phase for a dry skin range which will include a cleanser, toner and moisturiser. They will also have a  facial exfoliant which will all be available hopefully by Spring.

I can't wait to try all the new products! I'm hoping a lip product will be added to the range soon. 

You can purchase Concordia products from their website

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!