Sunday 28 May 2017

Thoughts of the week

1. Why do people think it's okay to speed if you are running late? Do they really think a police officer will let them off? I can just imagine it 
Police: Why were you speeding?
Idiot: I was late.
Police: Oh okay, that's fine, off you go then.
I don't think so. 
I used to work next to the police traffic branch and one of the officers always used to tell me it's better to be late than dead on time. 

2. For a while now I've been wanting to start bullet journaling. I was going to wait until next year but instead I decided to start from June to see how I like it. I spent a few nights this week setting it up and even though it's not June yet, so far I'm loving it. I've already found a few things that I'll change in next years diary, I'm keeping a list at the back of my current journal so that I don't forget.

3. This week Tiger and I went to the dark side. We got iPad's. We've always had Samsung phones and tablets but the tablets die so quickly. We're lucky if they last two years. So far I like but don't love the iPad. It misses some basic functionality that Samsung has, like being able to make phone calls.
I also don't like the way Instagram looks. It's not full screen so looks strange and is difficult to navigate. Notifications are  super annoying. Instead of just giving me one notification per app I get a notification about every single thing. Because I only use my tablet a few times a day it means I can have hundreds of notifications. Very, very annoying. 
I'm sure I'll get used to it.

4. Eljay's kindy application was officially lodged this week. WTF am I going to do next year? And the year after? I'll have no kids at home!

5. Which leads me to my next point. I have no idea what I'm going to do for work. BIL thinks I should do something in health care because there is always a need for it. He has a good point. My BFF thinks that my idea of doing journalism is a good one. I really don't have a clue. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!