Tuesday 1 March 2022

Naked Sundays Glow and Go SPF 50+ Lip Oil

We all know how much I love a lip oil. They're the best thing to have been invented since lip balm. My love for lip oils runs deep. Not a day goes past where I don't use a lip oil.

 
Naked Sundays recently released a SPF 50+ lip oil. It's the first SPF lip oil I've used. I had high hopes (I always do).
 
They've hit the mark with this on several points and there's one big downfall.
 
Firstly, the positives. 
 
It's hydrating, smells great, has a light, quickly absorbed texture, it's easy to use and the SPF 50+ is brilliant. 
Whilst it looks like it'd have a sheer pink tint, on me it applies clear (I have very pigmented lips). 
The texture is very light, I can feel it on my lips for about fifteen minutes. 
I like the fruity scent and the sheer pink is really pretty, I'm sure it'd look great on less pigmented lips.

They totally missed the mark with the flavour. It tastes bad. Really bad. Bad enough that I don't want to use it very often. Why? Why do companies do this? Anything that goes on the lips should be tested for flavour. Either a nice flavour or flavour free. Something that tastes bad just shouldn't be released. 
 
I think it's reasonably priced at $29.95, but it's not something I'll buy again. Bondi Sands have great SPF 50 lip balms with amazing flavours. They're more hydrating, last longer and have a glossier finish. Plus, they are only $5.99. You can get five of them for the price of the Naked Sundays lip oil.   
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!