Saturday 6 March 2021

Equal

In martial arts it's called equal force, in Kinesiology it's called equal pressure. In life I call it equal effort and it's one of the principles I live by. 

I refuse to put more effort in to something than other people are. This goes for most areas of my life (other than motherhood).
 
For example, no one else cleans up my house, so I'm on strike. I've been on strike for years now. Things that they drop on the floor stay on the floor. Mess they leave lying around stays there until they clean it up and so it continues.
 
I've realised that when I'm the one putting in all the effort I get angry and resentful, so why do that to myself.
 
It works for friendships too. If I find I'm the one putting in all the effort I stop. Simple. 
Equal effort. 
 
Clearly there are ebbs and flows, times when I put in more effort whilst others are going through something, but I refuse to allow anything to be one sided.
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!