Sunday 21 March 2021

Thoughts of the week

1. I've come to the conclusion that some people are just idiots.
 
2. You know what's really been bothering me lately? My parenting. Specifically how to make sure my boys grow up to be kind, loving men who treat everyone with dignity and respect. I don't want them to grow up to mistreat women, or to stand by and watch if women are being mistreated. I'm trying very hard to make sure they aren't like that, I just hope I'm doing enough.

3. The more I think about the patriarchy and how women are treated the angrier I get.

4. When will the body shaming of women end? Now everyone's having a go at some celebrity because she has a flat stomach a few weeks after having her baby. So what? Some people are like that. We have no idea why she looks that way. 
I had a friend who had severe morning sickness her whole pregnancy. She lost 10 kg's due to being so unwell and only managed to put back on 5kgs during the pregnancy, so a week after bub was born her belly was gone. 
It does happen sometimes, so saying it's not natural just isn't true. Just stop commenting on women's bodies.

5. What I find really sad is that a lot of the people making rude comments are women. Until we stop dragging each other down things will not change. It starts with us. Let's just be kind.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!