Wednesday 7 June 2017

Current lip favourites


When I got the idea for this post I was expecting all of my favourite lip products to be the same pinky mauvey shade that I love and always reach for. As I collected my current favourite lipsticks I was pleasantly surprised to realise that they aren't all the same! Some of them are similar, but there are a few surprises in the mix. 


Weleda Berry Red lip balm
Weleda really nailed it with these balms, the formula is perfection. Berry Red is a lovely mauve pink that looks very MLBB on me. The shade names are misleading, I have the pink balm and it's very pale, almost too pale for me to wear. Berry Red sounds like it'd be a bright colour but it isn't. If you have pigmented lips like I do, it's a very natural, wearable everyday colour. 

e.l.f. Berry Sweet lip balm 
This was quite a surprise. It's a gorgeous bright berry maroon shade. I was expecting it to be an okay balm but it's really lovely. The pigmentation is almost opaque, more like a lipstick than a tinted balm. Even better, it smells like mint and tastes good too. I find this too pigmented to use when I'm on the go, I need a mirror to apply or else I end up looking like a clown.

Revlon Ultra HD Gel lipcolor in Desert 
If you are yet to try the new gel lip sticks, get onto it. They're amazing. With a balmy texture and an extensive range of beautiful shades, there's sure to be several colours you'll love. I bought mine when they were 40% off at Big W. Desert is a pink with a hint of peach that warms it up. I love this shade for every day use but am starting to wonder if it's a little too warm for me. 

Revlon Ultra HD Matte lipcolor in Devotion
I mentioned in a recent post that I don't like liquid and matte lipsticks. The Ultra HD Matte lipsticks are the exception. They have a very creamy texture and don't dry down to a horrible matte finish. The comfortable cream texture means they feel good on my lips whilst having the lasting power of a matte lipstick. For those of you who don't like matte liquid lipsticks, these are worth a try. Devotion is the perfect pinky mauve.

Jane Iredale Rose lipstick
I had this on my use it or lose it pile and it was one of the few that I kept. Usually products in the pile end up in the bin, but I really like the way this feels. It feels very moistursing and lasts about four hours. It's a beautiful rosy maroon colour, perfect for winter.

Shanghai Suzy Charlotte Rose
I know I'm teasing you with a lipstick that you can't buy, but it has to be done. The Charlotte Rose lipstick is in the moisturising satin luxe formula that the winter range has. I recommend that you check them out and pick up a few shades, they're all beautiful and the formula is gorgeous, hydrating, long lasting and strawberry flavoured! Charlotte Rose is the exact colour of my lips so perfect for those days when I'm wearing barely any make-up but just want to look like I made a little bit of effort.

Have you tried any of these lipsticks? What lipsticks are you currently loving?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!