Monday 18 July 2016

Lip Oils


Lately I've become slightly obsessed with lip oils. I'm very glad that they seem to be the latest fad, it means I can collect more! If you know of any other brands that do lip oils please let me know, I need them all.

The term lip oil makes me think of a very runny, greasy product, but the lip oils that I have are far from runny, they have the texture of a gloss and are some super hydrating

The Saem Eco Soul Tint in Oil - I haven't heard of Eco Soul before and can't find much about them online. From what I can see they seem to be a Korean brand. I found their stand when I was in Bali, as soon as I saw lip oil I was sold. Essentially this is a lip gloss. It has sheer coverage, smells like citrus, lasts about three hours and feels hydrating. 

YSL Volupte Tint in Oil - Imagine a lip stain in an oil formula and you have Volupte Tint in Oil. On initial application it looks like a sheer gloss but as the gloss fades I'm left with a pretty, sheer tint that lasts all day.

Sephora Collection Lip Oil Infusion Colour and Care - If I was working the Sephora Lip Oil would be something that I kept on my desk and reapplied every hour. The colour is sheer but buildable, three coats gives a decent hint of colour. Texture wise this is halfway between the Clarins and Barry M lip oils. It lasts about two hours before I need to reapply and feels hydrating.

Lancome Juicy Shaker - In my opinion these aren't an essential. They look cute, they smell and taste great, but they apply clear and are gone within fifteen minutes. If you like flavoured lip products and don't mind reapplying very regularly, grab one. If you're after something hydrating or with a tint, this is not the one. You can read my full review here.

Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil - I have two shades, the limited edition Raspberry and Honey which is permanent. Whilst Raspberry looks pink in the bottle it applies clear, as does Honey. If you are a fan of thick glosses, this is the lip oil you want. It feels very hydrating, quite balm like and lasts for around three hours before I need to reapply.

Essence Winter? Wonderful! Tint and Oil and Barry M Lip Oil - The Essence and Barry M Lip oils are very similar. They both smell lovely, have no flavour, apply clear, are light, glossy and last for about an hour before they need to be reapplied. I purchased my Barry M lip oil from ASOS, I haven't seen them in Australia yet. The Essence oils are limited edition, so get to Priceline now if you want one.

Hourglass No.28 Lip Treatment Oil - This is easily my favourite and of course the most expensive one. It's so worth it though! I have the red tinted version, I'd really like to get the clear version too. Out of all the lip oils this one is the most hydrating and longest lasting, it's more like a lip balm than an oil. 

What are your favourite lip oils? Any others I need to try?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!