Friday 1 August 2008

Silicea Gel


I know this isn't really a beauty product, but it's done such amazing things for my hair and nails that I just had to write about it.

My naturopath originally put me on Silica tablets to help my muscles recover from exercise. I didn't notice any difference in my hair and nails when I was using them. When I went to the health shop to buy more, the naturopath there convinced me to buy the gel, and told me that it was way better than the tablets as it was absorbed by the body better. I wasn't that keen on it because I thought it'd taste bad, but it doesn't have any taste.

After I'd been using silica gel for about 3 weeks I noticed that my nails were getting stronger. I've always had soft, weak nails, and I've never been able to grow them because they always bend and break. But they started getting stronger after 3 weeks, and after two months I had gorgeous nails that look like I've had a french manicure, the nail bed is pink and the tips are white.

I also noticed that my hair was getting thicker and growing faster. Even my hairdresser noticed the difference! My hair has always been fine and prone to split ends, but since using silica gel it's thicker, healthier and I rarely get split ends.

I used silica gel daily on and off for a year. But the best thing about it is that even though I haven't used it for around 12 months, I still have great hair and nails. Now, I'll use it for a few months if my nails start to get weak, and then stop for a few months.

I've been told that silica gel can be used on the skin to treat acne and wrinkles. I haven't tried this so can't say if it works or not, but considering the results that I've had from using it internally I'd say it'd be worth a try.

The brand that I use is called Silicea. It's available from health food stores and most chemists. There are several different brands of silica gel available, but of the ones that I've tried Silicea is my favorite.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!