Tuesday 17 July 2012

Winter Skin Saviours

The freezing cold weather we've been having in Perth lately has sucked all the moisture out of my skin. Between hot showers, air conditioning and drinking less water, my skin is drier than the Sahara desert. That got me thinking about the products that I rely on to sort out my parched winter skin.

Weleda Skin Food - I've been using this for years. It's very hydrating without being greasy and can be used on the face and body. Skin Food costs $22.90.

MU London Moisturiser - This range of moisturisers are unique because they don't contain water. It makes them quite firm, but once they've been warmed up a little goes a long way and they are super hydrating. My favourite is the rose scent. As with Weleda Skin Food, this can be used on the face and body.

Lanolips Golden Ointment - When my skin is super dry Golden Ointment is my saviour. It's great for dry hands, cracked heels and cuticles. I also like to use it when I have eczema as it is super moisturising. A 50g tube costs $28.95.

Haus of Gloi Pumpkin Butter - Sarah introduced me to the wonder that is Haus of Gloi and I haven't looked back. Their Pumpkin Butters are now an essential part of my skin care routine. They come in a range of beautiful scents, sink in quickly and keep my skin feeling soft and smooth.

Avene Thermal Face Spray or Evian Face Spray - A trick I learned years ago is to use facial spray and then apply moisturiser when my skin is still wet. It helps to lock in the moisture and makes a surprising difference to the way my skin feels. 

Another great trick I've learned is to use a body oil in the shower, pat dry and then apply body lotion over the top. It is a great way to get extra moisturisation without having the greasy feeling you sometimes get from using a body oil.

2 comments :

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!