Friday 2 September 2022

FFS Friday - Ramble

Hello beautiful people. How are you all? My font has changed from the one I usually use, not sure what happened there but it's quite cute.  

I got the job application done, what a nightmare that was. I seem to have a blip in my brain that kicks in every time I have to do a selection criteria and I really struggle with them. I find it so stressful. The stupid thing is I love writing so I have no idea why I find selection criteria so difficult. I suppose it's because I'm invested in the outcome, I'm not just writing for pleasure or for a professional purpose. 

Anyhow, I got the application done, so now I wait and hope for the best. I'd love to get a contract or permanent job. That'd be ideal. It's a lot less than I used to earn, but it's a job that I can do now, it fits around my kids and I really enjoy the people I work with. The staff and kids are all lovely. 

A regular job would make such a huge difference. I'd be able to budget, get bills paid and hopefully have a bit of money left to start doing a few things that I want and need to do for myself. 

Working is so difficult when you have children. It would be great if employers were more flexible. Especially now, with skills and labour shortages, you'd think employers would be willing to be more adaptable. They might actually get the staff they need if they were. 
 
If I owned a big company I'd have free onsite child care and flexible working hours. It'd make life so much easier for staff. Managers don't seem to care about things like that though.

Anyhow, enough day dreaming. What's been happening? Are you all well and happy? I hope so.
 
I don't have a whole lot to talk about today. We still have no coffee machine, it's been 11 weeks now. I am not okay with this at all.
 
I'm all about minty, tingly lip balms at the moment. If you know of any good ones please let me know. I have the Badger one, or I should say I had the Badger one till Chai pinched it. 
I've been using the Alpha-H Absolute Lip Perfector, it gives a lovely cooling sensation. It's a shame we can't get CO Bigelow here, their mentha lip tints are the best.

That's enough of my rambling. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!