Friday 13 May 2022

FFS Friday - Less

Hello beautiful people. How are you doing? I hope you are all well.
 
Now that I'm officially a working person, life has gotten busy. Not busier than it was before, just more challenging. Chai isn't enjoying it. Eljay isn't really enjoying it either. 
I am. I'm loving it. Working gives me time out where I'm not a mum, I'm just me. It's a whole day where I'm not thinking about anything other than the task I'm doing and it's great. I find it so relaxing. Even though the job can be busy, not thinking about mum things is wonderful. 
 
I hadn't realised how much time I spend worrying about the family. Now that I'm working I feel so much more relaxed. I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting to feel more stressed but I don't. I feel so calm. Spending whole days not worrying about therapies and things for the boys is lovely. 
 
Who knew that adding more things to my to do list would result in less stress? Fingers crossed I find more regular work, then I can be less stressed long term. That would be lovely. 
 
Added to that, I'm really enjoying working. It's nice being around people again, it's fun learning new things and it's good to feel like I have a purpose again. 
 
Other than working, I've just been trying to avoid COVID. It's everywhere at the moment and I don't want to get it. Mask mandates have been removed but I'm still wearing my mask. I was initially excited about being able to wear make-up and lipstick again, but with the number of cases constantly on the rise, I'm more concerned with not getting sick.  

There are so many local businesses either closed or with restricted hours because of staff off with COVID. Other businesses are operating with a skeleton staff. The people who are at work seem so stressed trying to deal with everything. One business I went into yesterday told me they haven't even been able to answer the phone because they're so short staffed. 
 
In other, wonderful news, it's cold! And wet! Perfect weather. I have the fire going as I type this and it's lovely. Winter is my favourite time of year. 
 
That's all I've got for today. 
 
Have a lovely weekend beautiful people. 


 
 
 
 
  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!