Friday 10 December 2021

FFS Friday - Zebra

One week until freedom! This time next week the kids will be on holidays and we'll be free. 
 
I said to a friend this week that I can't wait for the holidays. She told me I'm the only person she's heard say that, everyone else has told her they aren't looking forward to the holidays because looking after kids is stressful. How sad.
 
I can't wait for school to be over. We can have lazy days doing whatever we want to, it'll be wonderful. There will be times when it's not fun but that's life. 
 
We aren't going away these holidays, we're staying home and just enjoying each other's company. 
 
I'm so tired. This time of year is so crazy, it's exhausting. End of year wasn't like this when we were home schooling, it was just business as usual. End of year when your kids go to school is a totally different story. 

This is Eljay's first full year of school and Chai's first full year in four years. They've both thrived this year. At the end of year celebration night Eljay received an award for working hard and improving so much. Chai received a spot on the leadership team for next year. They were both so happy. 

This school has been amazing for us all. I'll be eternally grateful for everything they've done. Everyone at the school is kind, nurturing and brilliant with the kids. You can tell that they all really like children. You'd think that would be a given but it certainly wasn't the case at their first school. 

Poor Chai is exhausted and ready for the holidays. He's so tired.
 
It's suddenly got really hot here. Hot as in 38 degrees. Gross. The only good thing about 38 degree weather is that lindt balls get all soft and melt in your mouth when you eat them. Oh and iced coffee is good too. 
 
I do have more to say but my brain has melted so I can't remember anything I wanted to complain about. 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!