Sunday 28 August 2022

Thoughts of the week

1. Mecca have introduced a level 4 to their Beauty Loop. The annual spend is $3500 per year. Crazy. Considering they never do gwp's, their samples are pretty crappy and they rarely do sales, I don't think it's worth it. If you spent that amount at other retailers you'd get much better value for money.
 
2. I'm currently putting in an application for a recruitment pool. The pay is $20,000 less than what I was earning 11 years ago.
 
3. They wonder why there's such a pay and superannuation gap between men and women. That's why. The only jobs that I can currently do whilst looking after my children is one that pays 20 grand less than I was earning 11 years ago. There are other higher paying jobs I could apply for, but I am unable to work full time and on school holidays. Women take lower paying jobs to ensure they can care for their children, whilst men work full time and rely on other people to care for their children.
 
4. Job applications and selection criteria really suck. I do not enjoy them at all. I stressed myself out about it so much that I was nauseous for two days. Silly.
 
5. Have you heard about espressOh? They have coffee flavoured lipsticks and they're awesome.

2 comments :

  1. I feel the same about applications! This site has some good free resources that I use quite a bit: https://www.selectioncriteria.com.au/free-resources/

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!