Monday 12 December 2016

The Foundation Files Essence Camouflage 2 in 1

Essence recently released a pile of new products. I picked up quite a few of them (post coming soon), one being the Camouflage 2 in 1 Make-up and Concealer. 

Essence say that this is a long lasting , highly pigmented, creamy formula that combines the best of a concealer and foundation, hides all skin imperfections and provides a matt and flawless finish without looking mask like. 

This would be a great foundation for people with oily skin. On my dry skin it requires work. When my skin is very well hydrated it plays nicely, when my skin isn't so well prepped the foundation sucks all the moisture from my skin and sinks into fine lines. 

For me it doesn't work well as a concealer. Whilst it does a great job of hiding my dark circles, it sinks into the fine lines under my eyes and makes me look like I'm 90. 

I can see this being a great, cheap foundation for humid weather and people with oily skin. The coverage is great, I get full coverage with one layer. It's easily buildable on blemishes and areas that need a little extra help. 

There are only three shades available. I purchased the middle shade which is 20 Nude Beige. If you don't have a light to medium skin tone I'd say you'll have trouble getting a colour match. 

At only $7.80 Essence Cammouflage is a great, cheap option.

Bare face

One layer applied with the L and Y Full Coverage Face brush



No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!