Friday 12 May 2023

FFS Friday - Dentist time

Hello beautiful people. How are you all? Has it been a good week or just a week? We've had a pretty good week. My standards for what constitutes a good week are pretty low, so most weeks are good weeks. No point letting a few rough moments ruin a whole day or week. 

I stuffed up this week. Chai hasn't been sleeping well since school went back. He's up two to three times every night and comes in to our room most nights. Since I've been taking the herbs from my acupuncturist I can usually get back to sleep, but some nights I don't. 

Monday night/Tuesday morning he came in to our room at 2.30am. Tiger had just got up to get ready for work. When Chai came in he woke Eljay up. Both of them will not sleep in a bedroom on their own. They both got into bed with me but I couldn't sleep, it was too hot with them both pressed up against me. 

I waited for half an hour then got out of bed. I'd just hopped in to Chai's bed when they both came in and asked what I was doing. I told them both to get back into their beds. After about five minutes Chai came back into my room quickly followed by Eljay. 

I got angry, told Chai to get into my bed, Eljay to get into his bed and I got into Chai's bed. Chai refused to go to sleep, I was way past caring so told him he could do whatever he wanted to. He laid in my bed and watched tv.

I waited for Eljay to go to sleep then got up to deal with Chai. Eljay woke up straight away. I was so tired and way past anger that I begged him to go back to sleep but he refused. 

I checked on Chai who was thankfully sound asleep (with the tv on) so Eljay and I got up at 4.30am.

We sat on the lounge suite and after a few minutes Eljay fell asleep on my lap. I was trapped. I sat there until 6.30am but then I needed to get up so that I could go to the loo, get our lunches made and get ready for work. As soon as I got up Eljay woke up. Chai woke up around the same time.
 
By this time I was a wreck. I cried the whole morning but managed to pull myself together to put my makeup on and get to work. Thankfully it was quiet that morning, if anyone had spoken to me I would have cried. 
 
Sleep deprivation is awful. Twelve years of sleep deprivation torture. But enough complaining, back to Monday night. 

Can you guess what the fatal mistake I made is? 
I tried to go back to sleep. If I'd just accepted that I was awake for the day I would have sat up in bed between them and read my book whilst they slept. My mistake was in trying to get more sleep. 

When they wake up after 3.30am I just sit up with them, I don't try to get back to sleep I just get up. In future I'm going to get up no matter what time they wake me up. I can't get both of them back to sleep on my own, I know that so I have no idea why I tried to fight it. I suppose I was just too tired to think rationally.
Ah well, lesson learned. Next time I'll do better. 
 
Have a wonderful weekend! I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!