Wednesday 1 February 2023

My last B2M lipstick

In sad news that I'm sure most of you beauty buffs will already know, MAC is closing it's Back to MAC scheme next month. Instead of a free lipstick, from the 1st of April they will be switching to a monetary pledge to an environment focused NGO dedicated to helping conserve the planet. 

I'll be interested to see how this works. I can't see many people continuing to return their empties to MAC. I know I won't be, I don't have a counter close to me, it's easier to drop them in to Priceline for Terracycle. 

I had eight MAC empties waiting to return so when my bff was going to the city I asked her to swap them for me and got my last free lipstick before the scheme ends. I gave her a list of three different lipsticks I wanted and she came home with Creme in Your Coffee. 

 
This isn't a colour that I'd normally choose, I go for pinks and mauves, but Creme in Your Coffee is a pleasant surprise. It's not as brown as it looks on my screen, it has a pink tinge and it's quite sheer on my pigmented lips. 
 
It's the Cremesheen formula so it's hydrating, buildable and glossy. 
 

I love the Cremesheen formula as it's like wearing a tinted balm. Comfortable, a nice wash of colour and hydrating. Everything I look for in a lipstick.

It's a real shame that the B2M program is closing. It's been going for over thirty years now and was a great way to try new MAC lipsticks. Plus, it motivated me to finish my MAC products. 

Oh well, it's not like I need any more lipsticks.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!