Friday 10 April 2020

FFS Friday - Zoom zoom

For those of you who need to hear it, today is Friday.

So. I've been thinking. A lot of us are scared/worried/unemployed/isolated/struggling at the moment. These are unpredictable and scary times. Instead of focusing on the negative, I'm trying to focus on the positive and challenge you all to do the same. Try thinking of three positives that have come out of this situation for you. 

Here are my positives:

  • Tiger is no longer fifo.
  • We're starting to get a few jobs done around the house.
  • It's been nice lazing around the house with my family.
  • I've reconnected with a family friend who's elderly and living alone. 
  • We're all making more effort to stay in touch with loved ones. Our family has set up a weekly zoom call with my Grandma (she's 102), Aunties, Uncles and cousins. I only get to see them every few years so it's great to see them every week.
  • All of the washing has been put away!!!!! (I should mention that it only lasted a day, but it was nice)
  • Thanks to having no income we've reigned in our spending.
  • I've realised how much money we waste on things we don't need.
  • I've read lots of books.
  • It's given me plenty of time to rest my ankle whilst it's healing.
  • We aren't spending as much money.
  • We'll get a bigger tax return as our income has dropped dramatically.
Now that we're done being positive, how much does this suck! It's just so strange and scary!

My ankle is coming along nicely. I've now moved onto the second phase of rehab and have a lot more movement.
Last week it got really sore and I thought I'd re-injured it but thankfully it was just inflamed. I stopped doing one of my exercises and got a lot better. My new physio is so good, he really puts my mind at ease.

I will be so glad when my ankle is finally back to normal. I really miss riding my bike, going for walks and being able to stand up for more than ten minutes.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!