Monday 16 July 2018

Sensitive Skin Saviours: What I do when my skin is super sensitive

At least twice a year my skin freaks out, gets really sensitive, red, dry and flaky. Most products sting and it's very uncomfortable. It's only happened since we moved to the country, so I assume I have allergies to thank.

The good news is that I have my freaked out skin routine down pat so it only takes me around five days to get it under control. For anyone else who has sensitive, irritated skin, this might work for you too.



I cut my skin care routine back to basics, I don't use sunscreen (not something I advise, but when my skin is upset I can't use sunscreen without it irritating me) and I only use very gentle products. 



The first and most important part of my skin rehab is Clarins Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate. This little bottle holds an amazing serum that does wonders for sensitive skin. Years ago my skin was sensitive all the time and I had to be so careful what I used on it. One bottle of Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate fixed the problems and now I rarely have sensitive skin. 

I use Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate twice a day, with a little Kiss Ready Skin Light Chia Oil over the top. I use a gentle cream cleanser and go make-up free. At night I'll cleanse with Kiss Ready Skin Rose Omega Face Balm (or cleansing oil), then use Skin Beauty Repair, Light Chia Oil and a soothing balm. My favourites are Kiss Ready Skin Rose Omega Face Balm, Egyptian Magic and Black Chicken Balm of All Ages. 

If you haven't used it yet, the Kiss Ready Skin Rose Omega Face Balm is a magic product. It can be used as a cleanser, moisturiser and face mask. It's non irritating and all natural, so perfect for sensitive skin.

After a few days when my skin has started to settle down I'll add in Clarins Hydra Quench Intensive Serum. I use it after the Skin Beauty Repair and before the Light Chia Oil. 






At this stage I add in a very gentle exfoliant I only exfoliate the dry, flaky patches and use a light, gentle touch.  I exfoliate daily until the dry, flaky patches have gone, then I go back to twice weekly exfoliation. My preferred exfoliants are Concordia Handcrafted Skincare Exfoliating Face Scrub and Acure Brightening Facial Scrub. Both are intense yet gentle.



Using this routine, my skin is back to normal within five days, sometimes sooner. 

What are your sensitive skincare saviours?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!