Friday 22 April 2022

FFS Friday - Hunting

Hello beautiful people. How are you all? I hope you are well and happy and life is wonderful. If it isn't, I hope things ease up soon.

So. School goes back next week. I've enjoyed the holidays. I like having my boys home. 
Over easter my Step Dad came over and painted our main living area. He even painted the ceiling! 
Our house was built in 2007. Back then taupes, creams and feature walls were popular. It was painted cream with taupe and cool dark brown feature walls. I was glad to get rid of it. It's now all white with no feature walls and it looks so much better. 
 
Tiger didn't want white, but SD agreed with me so we painted it white. Tiger is now sold on the white, it's fresh and bright and looks so much better. 
 
It was also a good chance to get rid of some stuff. This house has no storage at all, so crap accumulates easily. As much as I fight it there's always crap accumulating. I'm the only one in the house that tries to clear the clutter, when it's one against three I have no chance of winning. 

I saw Chai's psych last week. She asked me to come in without Chai so she could tell me how worried she is about him. She thinks he needs a whole new assessment because she suspects that he might have other, undiagnosed conditions. FFS. We do not need this. 
I wasn't going to say anything to Chai but my cousin told him. I'm not happy about that at all. Thanks to my cousin, Chai and I discussed it. He's not fussed so that's good. (I didn't tell him what conditions the psych thinks he has).

We're going back to his Dr today to try to get some help. We have an appointment with his paed at the end of June but I'm going to get referrals to two more paediatricians as I suspect our current one won't be around much longer. 

It's so frustrating trying to get answers. Not having continuity of care doesn't help. We've seen so many different health professionals. I'd love to find one good paediatrician that we could stick with, it would make things so much easier. 
 
Seeing my little boy struggle is awful. I feel so bad for him. He has so many challenges, it's heartbreaking to watch. He's at the age where he's really noticing the differences which is so tough for him. I just want to cuddle him tight and fill him full of love and joy. If only the world could be more understanding of peoples differences. 

Added to that, getting help is really expensive. A reassessment will cost around $5,000 and we'll get back $70 back from medicare. We paid for his last assessment with our credit card, I'm not sure how we're going to pay for the next one.   
 
We're currently trying to pay off our credit cards. One will be paid off and closed soon, then we're going to do the same with our other card. The last thing I want to do is use the credit card again, but we might not have any choice. If it's a choice of debt or my child's health I'll choose debt every time.  
 
I know we're lucky that we have the credit card option, a lot of families don't have that luxury. 
 
So once again I'm on the hunt for answers for Chai. As exhausting and demoralising as it is, I won't stop searching and fighting for answers for my boy. I'll eventually get the diagnosises and treatments he needs. When I do all the stress will have been worth it. 
 
You know what's good about all this? After all these years of struggling and fighting for help and answers I'm being proven right. I've said all along that things are not right and I've been correct. 

The moral of the story is, don't accept answers that don't seem right to you. You know yourself and you know your child. If you think something is wrong then it is. Keep on searching and fighting until you get the answers that you need.

Have a wonderful weekend beauties.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!