Friday 23 July 2021

FFS Friday - One day

Hello Friday! How we've missed you!
 
So what's been going on? A large portion of Australia is currently in lockdown so I'd say not much has been going on at all. Here is WA we're fine so far, but you just never know when another snap lockdown will happen. 
 
I don't have a whole lot to complain about today. The boys went back to school so I've had four days of peace. I've started a new thing where the week that the boys go back to school I do what I want (which is usually stay at home). I don't go to the gym, I don't do much housework, I just spend quiet time collecting myself together again. Being an introvert I need the quiet time to gather my sanity again after the craziness of school holidays.
 
This week I had a massage, spent a little time helping out at the school, a little time doing housework, a day watching Virgin River and a bit of time tidying my room. It was peaceful and exactly what I needed after the school holidays.
 
Do you do that? Do you spend time caring for yourself? It's not always easy to do, especially when you have young children. I managed very little soul soothing when the boys were little, it's so much easier now that they go to school.
 
I think we need to look after ourselves now more than ever. The world isn't an easy place at the moment, there's so much stress and anxiety. Things will get better one day, but who knows when that day will be. Let's hope it's soon.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!