Friday 19 June 2020

FFS Friday - FFS

I was recently complaining to a friend that I've had to buy "so many new pairs of shoes" thanks to my ankle surgery.
Would you like to know what I call "so many"? 
Two pairs. 
Yes, that's right.

Pre surgery I was okay. It was summer so I just wore slip on sandals and there was no problem. After surgery it was cold so I couldn't wear my light, material shoes. I needed a pair of joggers that I could get on my swollen foot whilst wearing the ankle brace. I bought a pair on sale and that was great until I didn't have to wear the ankle brace any more. Then I discovered that all of my shoes rubbed on the scar.
I had to buy another pair of shoes that didn't touch my scar. Luckily I found a pair of Sketchers on sale.

So why do I call two new pairs of shoes "so many"?
Since I stopped working I just wear the same pair of shoes every day. I buy a pair that I love and wear them until they die. I don't go anywhere that requires me to dress up, so I wear joggers and casual clothes. I don't need several pairs of shoes, I just need one comfortable pair. 

Now, thanks to my ankle I have lots of shoes. I suppose that's a good thing because they'll last for ages so I won't need to buy shoes for the next ten years, unless I manage to get a job or a life so need shoes that are a little more dressy.

It's funny how things change isn't it? In my pre child days I bought shoes regularly and I never wore the same pair of shoes two days in a row. Those days are long gone.


This week we found out that Tigers brother (BIL) is coming to stay with us. FFS.

I am not at all happy about it. FFS.

I'm an introvert. I don't like people in my space. I can handle it for a few days but anything more drives me crazy. 

BIL is not a good house guest. Some people are easy to have around, BIL is not. He doesn't clean up after himself, demands a lot, expects that his desires are more important than the boys and is just not fun to be around.

Tiger has told him that he can stay for a month. FFS. 

It's going to be a very long month. I may not survive.

He'll be here in around three weeks. FFS.

Wish me luck. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!