Wednesday 29 August 2018

August empties

Another month is nearly over and done with. August is Eljay and Tiger's birth month, they're at opposite ends of the month. Tiger was away for both of them, as usual.

I didn't do too well with empties this month, my skin has been super sensitive so I haven't been using skincare or make-up very often. Having said that, I finished six make-up items which I'm really happy about.


Lush Yummy Mummy
Tiger bought this for me earlier in the years. It's the first time I've tried this scent, it's beautiful and one that I'll happily buy again. 

John Freida Luxurious Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
These were sent to me a few months ago and I love them. They really do work, especially when used with the leave in serum. If you need volumising hair products, these are definitely worth trying.

Neutrogena Youthful Boost Sleeping Mask
These cute little tubs are supposed to be one nights worth of face mask. Maybe they're intended for giants, because slathering my entire face, neck and chest with a thick layer gave me five nights worth of use.
It's not something I'd rush out to purchase again. It did an okay job of keeping my skin hydrated, but that's it.  

Alcome Co Bearly There Deodorant
Barely There is one of my favourite natural deodorants and one I'll continue to repurchase. I cycle between four different and Barely there will always be in that rotation. 
You can read about some of my favourite natural deodorants here and how to switch to natural deodorants here

Grants Mild Mint Toothpaste
The only toothpaste we use now. 

Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme
I got two uses from this sample so can't say much. It didn't irritate and felt hydrating.
 
Glow Lab Night Cream
This is a lovely night cream that I really enjoyed using. The scent is lovely and it's super hydrating for dry skin. I'll purchase it again next time I see it on sale. 
 


Tosses:
I was in a culling mood so went through and tossed out a whole pile of make-up that's really old. The YSL lip gloss I bought before Chai was born, he's 7!

A dishonourable mention goes to the awful Kmart Peel Off Mask, the Tony Moly Liptone Get It Tint and the Designer Brands Gel Liner.

You can read about the Kmart mask here.

The Tony Moly Liptone Get It Tint was a total waste of money, I'm glad I only spent $7 on it. It applies patchy, wears off after a few hours and leaves a ring around the edge of my lips that I can't get off for love or money. Awful.

I usually love Designer Brands products but the Creme Gel Eyeliner is awful. It's hard, lumpy and unusable. I returned my first one but the next one was exactly the same.

Make-up empties:



I'm very pleased with my make-up empties this month. Finishing two foundations was such a great feeling. I was surprised to finish the Artdeco eye liner, I hadn't realised I was even close. These days I wear the same eyeliner every day, so I finish them a lot quicker than I used to. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!