Monday 22 January 2018

Why I'm breaking up with my favourite cleanser




Trilogy's Cream Cleanser has been my holy grail cleanser for a while now. I love it. It's gentle, smells great and doesn't irritate my skin even during allergy season. Unfortunately there's one thing I don't like about it and it's a deal breaker for me. 

The first travel sized tube I used was fine, as was my first bottle. When I opened the second tube I noticed that it had a strong marzipan/almond scent. I hate that scent. The tube was in date for another year so that wasn't the problem.

The next bottle I used was fine. The bottle I'm using now is not. When I was about halfway through it changed from smelling lovely to smelling like marzipan. Have I mentioned I hate that smell? The bottle is in date until the end of 2019 and smelled lovely when I purchased it. It's been stored in my bathroom as per usual, not exposed to extreme heat or sunlight and as it's a pump bottle the bottle has remained sealed. Yet it stinks. 

For me this is a deal breaker. Trilogy Cream Cleanser is my holy grail due to it's all round awesomeness, of which the scent is a large part. Without the beautiful scent, it's no better than the Sukin Cream Cleanser and it's a whole lot more expensive than Sukin. 

Sorry Trilogy Cream Cleanser, I don't love you any more, I'm breaking up with you.

1 comment :

  1. Oh no!!! I hate when that sort of thing happens. It's such a shame that you had the issue more than once. Definietly would a deal breaker for me also.

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!