Wednesday 1 November 2017

Recent favourites


It's been a long time since I did a monthly favourites post, mainly because I use the same products all the time now. 

I've gotten to the point with my make-up routine that I like it to be quick and easy. I want to make myself look fresh and glowy so use pretty much the same products every day. I'll do a post soon on my every day make-up routine. Meanwhile, here's a look at some of the products I've been loving lately.

Natio Rosewater Antioxidant Micellar Cleansing Water
Natio recently released a range of rosewater products. Being a rose lover I had to pick some up. I'm not a fan of Micellar Water, I think it's over rated and it shouldn't replace cleanser. That said, I've been using the Natio Micellar water as a second cleanse and it's gorgeous. It's soothing on my skin and smells beautiful. 

L'Occitane Hand Cream
I have so many of these floating around and yet I don't remember the last time I purchased one. I get most of them as magazine gwp's. If I could only use one hand cream for the rest of my life it'd be L'Occitane. The scents are beautiful, it absorbs quickly and is very hydrating. In winter I apply a thick layer before bed and wake up with soft, hydrated hands. It's one of the few hand creams I can use during the day as it absorbs so quickly and doesn't leave a greasy film. 

Becca Watermelon Beach Tint
I love dual use products because they save me time and effort in the morning. After having a long term love/hate relationship with my Beach Tint eyeshadow, I've found love with the Watermelon Beach Tint. It's my daily blush for a light flush of colour and works equally well as a sheer lip tint. I use it on my cheeks then swipe the remainder on my lips. Perfect.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance 
Shadow Insurance is my all time favourite eye primer. It's the only one I've found to be effective and non irritating. For a while I used Urban Decay Primer Potion but found that it irritated my eyes. Shadow Insurance doesn't irritate and it makes my eye shadow stay put all day.

Alcome Co Black Magik Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
The first thing you need to know about charcoal toothpaste is that it's messy. Very messy. If you're used to slopping toothpaste everywhere, be warned. You need to wipe out your basin after every use and clean down anything else that the charcoal got into contact with. The mess is well worth it. After the first use I noticed that my teeth felt a lot cleaner and after two weeks they were noticeably whiter. I've been taking progress photos and will have a full review posted soon.

Maybelline Taupe Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow
After finishing my Laura Mercier Caviar Stick eye shadow, I replaced it with Maybelline's Colour Tattoo eye shadow in Taupe. This has become my daily eye shadow, I just swipe it on and I'm good to go for the day. It doesn't crease and stays put until I remove it at the end of the day.

Physicians Formula Deep Brown Eye Booster Eyeliner
If you're after the perfect liquid liner, look no further. Eye Booster has a fine brush applicator and intense colour. It's super easy to use and lasts all day. The only downside is that the Deep Brown shade isn't available in Australia, I buy mine from iHerb. 

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Believe the hype, this mascara is amazing. It gives me volume and curl, doesn't flake and is easy to remove. The only thing that would make it better is if it was available in brown as well as black. Why are brown mascara's so difficult to find?

Lanolips Mulberry Lip Ointment
It's a bit mean showing off a product that is no longer available, but I love this so much I had to include it. Mulberry is the perfect shade, it's a sheer berry colour that looks subtle but is enough to brighten my face up. It was a limited edition christmas release years ago. I'm hoping that they'll release it again one day.

Lush Black Rose Lip Tint
In the past when I've used Lush Lip Tints they were a horrible, lumpy mess. Happily they must have reformulated because my Black Rose Lip Tint is smooth, hydrating and beautiful. It looks black in the tube but applies as a beautiful berry pink stain.
Black Rose was part of the Halloween release but it's still available so get it whilst you can. I'm hoping that they'll make it permanent because it's gorgeous.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!