Friday 10 November 2017

FFS Friday - Monster

There are times Eljay is a little monster. Other times he's a gorgeous little monkey.

The last few weeks he's been a particularly bad monster. FFS.

He regularly tells Chai that he hates him and me that he doesn't like me, but this week he decided to up the ante and tell me that he wishes I wasn't alive. He then went on to say he wishes I hadn't been born and that he only wants Daddy not me. 

To make things worse, we were at the shopping centre when he said it. 

I have no idea where he gets it from. Tiger, Chai and I don't talk like that. How he thinks of such awful things to say I have no idea. 

Whilst I know that he doesn't have any idea what he's really saying, hearing your child say such awful, hurtful things is not nice.

Worse, I have no idea how to stop him. I've explained to him how words are hurtful, we've read books about it etc yet he still continues. 

We talk about kindness, about how being nasty doesn't make us feel happy etc. 

I'm now throwing out one of his toys each time he says something awful. Let's hope that works. If it doesn't I have no idea what I'm going to do. I may have to rehome him.

Send help. And chocolate. And coffee. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!