Wednesday 18 October 2017

Drunk Elephant Skincare sets



A while ago I bought two sets of travel sized Drunk Elephant products from Mecca Cosmetica. Drunk Elephant gets so much hype but they are fairly expensive so the travel sizes are a good option.

I purchase the Rise and Glow and Nightbright sets. Rise and Glow contains B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel and C-Firma Day Serum and costs $33.
Nightbright contains T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum and Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil, costing $40. Each product is 8ml which doesn't sound like much but I got four weeks of once daily use from each product.

Out of everything, T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum is my favourite and the only item I'd consider purchasing. Using this every night made my skin feel noticeably softer and smoother the next day. Having said that, I get the same result from using exfoliating pads every night, so I'm not sure I'm willing to spend $132 to buy a full sized bottle.

I don't rate the Vitamin C serum. I know it gets a lot of hype but in my opinion the Skinstitut Vitamin C powder is more effective and a hell of a lot cheaper. Save your money peeps! Skinstitut Vitamin C powder gives me noticeable results in two weeks, I got no noticeable results from C-Firma Day Serum. At $116 a bottle I expect results. The Skinstitut Vitamin C powder costs $49 for a tub.

Virgin Maruala Luxury Face Oil and B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel are both nice but not life changing. The B-Hydra wasn't hydrating enough for me, it'd be good for people with oily or normal skin as it absorbs quickly and isn't greasy.  

Overall I'm glad that I got to try out travel sizes as would have been very annoyed if I'd purchased the full sized products.

High quality, effective skin care does not have to be expensive and just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's good!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!