Monday 4 September 2017

Mecca Max City Slicker Tinted Oil


We all know how obsessed I am with lip oils. I'm also obsessed with Mecca Cosmetica, so you can imagine my delight when I found out that they were releasing a tinted lip oil. Naturally, I purchased two the day they were released.

There are three shades available, Nude, Apricot and Rose. I purchased Nude and Rose. Nude is a pinky mauve and rose is a mid tone pink. They are both surprisingly opaque. Usually with lip oils the colour is quite sheer, however that is not the case with City Slicker, they have almost opaque coverage with one layer. 
Top swatch: Nude. Bottom swatch: Rose.

The formula is light, non sticky and hydrating. It feels like wearing a light layer of lip balm. If you've tried the Clarins lip oils, these are quite similar in texture, just a little lighter. 

Once the oil has worn off a sheer stain of colour is left behind. I get about three hours wear before the oil wears off, the stain lasts all day. I'm a little disappointed that they have no fragrance or flavour, but I suppose that's the safe option.  

You can purchase the City Slicker Tinted Oils from Mecca Cosmetica for $16. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!