Wednesday 26 April 2017

Weleda Tinted lip balms

Finding a good tinted lip balm is difficult. There aren't many tinted balms available so finding one you love can be problematic. Now, thanks to Weleda, that problem is solved!


Weleda recently released three tinted lip balms, of which I have two. The third shade is Nude which from the swatches I've seen looks too warm for me. 



Originally I purchased the Rose shade. When it arrived I found it to be quite pale on my pigmented lips. I can get away with one thin layer, but if I apply it heavily it looks too washed out for me. I loved the fragrance and feel of the balm, so I ordered the Berry Red shade and it's perfection.




As you can see from the swatches, the Berry Red shade is mauve pink and Rose is pale pink. I'm not sure how they came up with their shade names but I find them to be quite misleading.


Despite the funny shade names, these lip balms are beautiful. They have a gorgeous scent, a slight sweet taste, great pigmentation and they're super hydrating. The pigmentation is great, one layer gives a sheer wash of colour and two layers gives opaque coverage that last for three to four hours. 

I purchased my balms from Nourished Life for $15.95 each.


Ingredients: castor seed oil, olive fruit oil, jojoba seed oil, sunflower seed wax, hydrogenated castor oil, polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate, mica, shea butter, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, geraniol, eugenol, farnesol.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!