Wednesday 17 August 2016

New favourite lip balms - Pulling out the big guns

Recently I had an allergic reaction to a lip balm that I was using. My lips were red raw with sore patches and my usual healing balms weren't working. I usually turn to Carmex or Burt's Bees to heal dry lips, but my allergy sore lips couldn't handle the sting. 

I was stumped and had no idea what to use, so I turned to my small (haha, just kidding) collection of lip balms and pulled out a few to try. I tried and rejected about five then found three that worked wonders.


The three wonder balms are:
Dermal Therapy Lip Balm
La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Levres
Clinique Superbalm.

Dermal Therapy was the first one I used. It promises visible results in one day and it delivers. I used it constantly throughout the day and by the end of the day my lips were looking and feeling a lot better. After three days of use my lips were nearly back to normal.

At night I used the La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Levres. It's a barrier repair balm which is exactly what my lips needed. I slathered on a thick layer each night and woke to soft, hydrated lips. 

Once I'd healed my lips I didn't want to use my usual flavoured balms so I pulled out my Clinique Superbalm. It's fragrance free, glossy and very hydrating, exactly what I needed.

Three weeks later I'm still in love with all these balms, they are the only balms I have on rotation at the moment. 

What's your go to healing lip balm?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!