Monday 13 June 2016

Current blush rotation


Blush isn't a topic that I talk about often because I'm not a blush fiend. I'm a one or two blush girl, I'll use the same few until I get sick of them and then change to something else. Since I finished my beloved Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush I've been at a loss. I'd happily only use the Hourglass blush for the rest of my days, however I have a whole pile of other blushes going to waste. I'm tempted to toss them all and get another Hourglass blush, but until I give in to that temptation I've been forcing myself to use a few of the blushes in my collection. These are the ones I currently have on rotation.

Givenchy Magic Cheek and Lip Balm, MAC Have a Lovely Day Casual Colour, Rimmel Pop of Pink Stay Blushed, Becca Watermelon Beach Tint, Arbonne Ballet and Taffeta.

I tend to use cream cheek products more often, mainly because I can smoosh them on with my fingers for a nice sheer wash of colour. If I get it in the wrong spot (always!) it's easy to rub in or put a bit of powder over the top and the problem is gone. Simple. 


Givenchy Magic Cheek and Lip Balm is love, it's sheer, glossy and makes me look like I have a natural glow. You can read my full review here

Rimmel Stay Blushed is an interesting product, it has really intense pigment and a mousse like texture. I have to be really careful with this and only apply a small amount or I look like a clown.

I've always had a love/hate relationship with Becca Beach Tints. They're gorgeous products but they just aren't reliable. No matter how much I shake or squeeze the tube, sometimes the product comes out watery and other times it's creamy and gorgeous. It's been the same with every Beach Tint I've owned. Watermelon is the best so far, most of the time it's gorgeous, but it still has it's watery days.


Both of the Arbonne blushes are gorgeous. I particularly like Ballet because it's pale enough that it isn't obvious if I apply too much.

MAC Have a Lovely Day Casual Colour is another lip and cheek product, great for carrying around in my handbag. The colour is very similar to the Becca Beach Tint, just more opaque. 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!