Monday 25 July 2022

Old faithfuls

I've had allergies my whole life. They aren't fun. Now that we're living in the country again they've got worse and not only do I get hayfever, my skin also spits the dummy. Good on it.

Thankfully I've got a few old faithful products that come to the rescue every time my skin is having a hissy fit.

Avene Cicalfate
Cicalfate seems really thick when you first squeeze it out of the tube, but once you warm it up it thins out. I use this either day or night, depending on how dry I am. It makes a good day cream for summer, in winter when I'm really dry I use Toleraine Riche or layer this under the Skin Recovery Cream.

Clarins Intensive Moisture Quenching Bi-Phase Serum
Whilst this feels like you're just putting water on your face, it is really hydrating. I definitely notice the difference when I don't use it. As the name suggests, it really is moisture quenching. I use this after toner and then put moisturiser over the top.

La Roche-Posay Toleraine Eye Cream
When my eyes are really red, sore and irritated this is the only cream that doesn't sting. I've tried so many, even nappy rash creams, but Toleraine is the only one that works. Even better, within a few days the dry patches are gone and my eyes are back to normal. I can even use it on my eyelids.

Avene Skin Recovery Cream
This is what I use when my skin is super sensitive and annoyed by everything. I lather it on several times a day and within a few days things are getting back to normal and I an add in other products. It's also a lovely, hydrating mask for nights when my skin is feeling really parched.

La Roche-Posay Toleraine Sensitive Riche
I use this the same way I use Skin Recovery Cream but as a night cream or when my skin is really, really dry. When I've got those horrible dry, red flaky patches that just won't go away this is what I reach for. It's soothing, hydrating and super rich. Just what you need when your skin is having a hissy fit. 

This skin hissy fit is lasting a very long time. It's normally only a week or two but it's been five weeks now and there's no end in sight. I love living in the country but my allergies don't. So unfair.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!