Saturday 31 July 2021

Saturday Stories

I've been thinking about cellulite and chest hair lately. Tiger and I were getting ready for the day. I was in the bathroom putting on make-up and Tiger was in the shower. I was looking at him and thinking how unfair it is that men's bodies stay perfect whilst women get cellulite and spider veins.
 
That led to me thinking that my body is perfect, but society wants me to think it's not. There's nothing wrong with my body. It's perfectly normal. 

See, there's a whole (very lucrative) industry created around making women feel bad about cellulite.
Cellulite is normal for women.
 
Why isn't there a whole industry created to make men feel bad about chest hair? Or leg hair? Why are women's bodies shamed and policed when men's bodies aren't? Why are men who play sport allowed to wear shorts and tank tops and women are expected to wear bikini's?

Why do male gymnasts wear shorts and women wear leotards? It's such a ridiculous double standard. 

I'm so proud of all the women who are standing up and saying they've had enough. 
We deserve better and we'll make sure that happens.

Stay strong beautiful women. You're all perfect exactly as you are.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!