Tuesday 20 July 2021

Project Life Detox?

Lately I've been thinking about excess and the lessons that I'm teaching my kids. 
It's no secret that I have way too much make-up. Tiger also has way too much of almost everything. 
The boys have too many toys, Eljay has too many clothes. Our house is filled with too much stuff.
Everywhere I look I see excess.
 
I've been making a conscious effort to reduce our excess and am not having much success, mainly because I just haven't had the head space to put in a proper effort.
 
I've worried about what our total oversupply is teaching the boys, and my worries were confirmed last week when I had a chat with Eljay. He wanted to buy a new aftershave. He already has several and barely uses them, so I asked him why he wanted a new one and he said that he just wanted to have it.
 
We had a discussion about how having too many things isn't good, that I'm trying to get rid of all the things we have that we don't need and how everything we have cost us time and money. I also told him that when you don't waste money on things you don't need you don't have to work as much, and that everything he could see was the result of time spent at work, away from the family. 
 
Years ago, rather ambitiously, I started Project Life Detox. It failed miserably because I was home schooling the boys so didn't have the time or energy to sort out my life. 
I don't want to set myself up to fail again, however I'm thinking it's time for another Project Life Detox. 
 
I have no idea how successful I'll be, but a little bit of progress is better than no progress. If I put in a little bit of time every day, eventually I will have made a big difference. 
 
At this stage I don't even know where I'm going to start. I'm thinking I'll start with the areas that I spend the most time in, which is our main living area and bedroom. 
Once I've got one area sorted then I'll move on to the next area. 
It might take a long time but I will get there. 
 
 
  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!