Friday 9 April 2021

FFS Friday - Strawberry kisses

Hello Friday you beautiful thing. I'm so happy to see you. 
How have we all been? Had a good week? 
I hope all you parents are coping with the school holidays.
 
Our week has been okay. Nothing exciting. Chai's behaviour is difficult as usual. I'm exhausted as usual. Nothing much has changed. 
 
One day I won't be exhausted. I look forward to that day. Until then I'll put on a brave face and pretend to the world that everything is okay. I'll pretend that my ten year old has not just said f@$k this as he walked past me.
I could be honest but people really can't cope with it. They don't know how to respond when you say you're having a rough time.
 
Anyhow, moving on.
 
Today I'm going to complain about kissing. Specifically cheek kissing when greeting someone. I just don't understand it. The logistics are all wrong and it just doesn't work.
 
I gave up cheek kissing years ago when I figured out it was just awkward and uncomfortable. 
 
Here's why I find it so strange. You can't both kiss each other on the cheek at the same time, it just doesn't work. If they kiss you first then you're trying to kiss their cheek whilst they're hugging you, which doesn't work because you have no room to move your head by the time they're hugging you.    
 
So, if you're the kissee then do you just accept that and hug them? Or are you being rude by not kissing them too? I just don't get it.
 
Are there rules about this? Are you both supposed to try kissing each other or do you just accept that one person is the kisser and one is the kissee? 
 
Air kisses are a no no and kind of pointless, or maybe the kissee does the air kiss so that they look like they've put in an effort to kiss and just missed?
 
It's all so complicated. 
 
I thought that covid might have got us out of this dilemma, but it hasn't, cheek kissing is still a thing. 
 
 First world problems.
 
Have a beautiful weekend you wonderful people. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!